B.Sc Computer Science Distance Education 2023: Bachelor of Computer Science in Computer Science or BSc CS distance education in India is a popular course pursued by a large number of students, and requires a minimum of 3 to 6 years to complete. Admission to this programme is generally offered on a merit basis and fee ranges from INR 10,000 to INR 25,000 per year.
- Admissions to the MKU BSc Computer Science distance education program close on 30 September 2023. Source
- A deadline of 30 September 2023 has been set for IGNOU BSc Computer Science Distance Education admissions. Click Here
- The deadline to apply for the BSc Computer Science distance education program at MU IDOL is 30 September 2023, with a late fee of Rs 150/-. Source
- Bharathidasan University invited online/offline applications for distance BSc CS courses, apply before the deadline. Source
There is no entrance exam available for a Distance BSc in computer science. There are lots of Distance colleges that are offering this distance specialization course. BSc Computer Science Distance Education learning is based on theoretical and practical work.
Graduating from a B.Sc Computer Science Distance Education course has great future prospects. Students earn professional knowledge and skills from this course which help in building a career and making growth. Specialist degree holders can get a job in the top IT industry of the world and earn the best salary with an average of INR 4 lakh per annum.
Computer professionals can make a corporate-technical career as software development companies have a broad spectrum of job opportunities. The essential job roles include Software Engineer, Information Technology Consultant, Java Developer, Software Developer, Data Scientist, Machine Learning Expert, etc. The Average Salary Offered to a computer graduate is INR 6 Lakh per annum.
The qualifying requirements for BSc Computer Science Distance Education vary per college. The following are the common eligibility standards that are observed by all:
- The student must obtain a 10+2 grade. A board test is required for admission to the BSc Cs program.
- Achieving a score of more than 45% assures a successful college education.
The average Academic fee charged for Distance BSc CS students is INR 10,000 to INR 25,000.
The duration of this course duration is 3 to 6 years at the academic level in distance mode.
In the BSc Computer Science Course, there are two types of admission processes: merit-based admission and entrance-based admission. Admission to most universities’ B.Sc Computer Science programs is based on merit.
B.Sc Computer Science Distance Education Highlight
|Type of Course||Bachelors|
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Science in Computer Science|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||The course Duration of B.Sc Computer Science in Distance Education is 3 Years.|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||45%|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a Recognized Educational Board|
|Average Course Fees||INR 10,000 – INR 25,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||B.Sc (Computer Science & Engineering), B.Sc (Animation), B.Sc (Electronics), B.Sc (I.T), etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3.5 L per annum|
|Employment Roles||Program Analyst, Project Manager (IT), Software Engineer, Developer/Programmer, etc.|
What are the Benefits of B.Sc Computer Science Distance Education?
- BSc Computer Science distance education introduces you to one of the top preferred courses of recent times.
- The students taking admission to this course can bring change and revolution as they will be handling one of the most preferred technical lines.
- The IT sector of India is growing way faster in comparison with the other sectors; therefore, more new jobs are also being created in this sector.
- The students who want to continue their education after completing the BSc Computer Science degree can opt for PG courses by applying through the preferred entrance test.
- The students who can’t study in regular mode due to time-bound regular classes can complete their education with this course as there are no time-bound classes, so you can efficiently study according to your timetable.
What is the importance of B.Sc Computer Science Distance Education?
- Over the years, the world of technology has been booming, leading to increased demand for computer science engineers.
- With brilliant income packages and decent starting salaries, coupled with exciting incentives, the technology industry meets the dire need for engineers every day.
- The course provides students with a golden chance to enter the real world, where aspiring computer science graduates can showcase their talent or take over lucrative job profiles.
- It empowers them to deal with the technicalities and issues with authorized knowledge of databases and analytical skills.
B.Sc Computer Science Distance Education Admission 2023
A bachelor’s degree in Distance Education in the Computer Science specialization program is an extremely popular course in India. Students should complete their intermediate degree from will recognized board for admission to the computer science program. The Universities offer admissions on the basis of the Merit list. Students do not need to give the entrance examination for admission.
A BSc Computer Science Distance Education program’s cost varies, depending on the college you choose. To apply for admission, students will need to go to the college’s website. Upon submission of the entrance fee, admission is confirmed.
What are the Main Subjects of B.Sc Computer Science Distance Education?
B.Sc Computer Science Distance Education syllabus includes Programming concepts, number systems and codes, and disk operating systems. From the evolution of Computers to C-programming, the course simplifies all the concepts with clarity and practical implementation. The division of the syllabus of the computer science courses may vary according to different colleges, but the crux of the curriculum remains constant throughout.
B.Sc Computer Science Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
- Students need to score 45% of secondary and higher secondary schooling marks from a recognized board to be admitted.
- Aspirants should have physics, chemistry, and mathematics in the 12th class.
- Eligible applicants do not need to pass entrance exams held by the concerned university.
- Moreover, regarding the eligibility criteria for the computer course, there is no specific age limit.
Top Colleges Offering B.Sc Computer Science Distance Education
- Karnataka State Open University Distance Education
- Mumbai University IDOL
- Bharathidasan University Distance Education
- Kakatiya University Distance Education
- UPRTOU Distance Education
- Madurai Kamraj University Distance Education
B.Sc Computer Science Distance Education Admission Procedure 2023
- To get admission, visit the college’s official website and read all the necessary information to fill out the application form carefully.
- Read all the necessary information before filling out the application form, and the required details Eligibility, ID Proof, Address Details, and Basic Details.
- Fill in all the information correctly; otherwise, the incorrect or inappropriately filled application forms will be rejected without notifying the applicant.
- Take out the printout of the submitted fee receipt of the application form.
Documents Required for B.Sc Computer Science Distance Education Admission
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- An Aadhar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
B.Sc Computer Science Distance Education Syllabus
|1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year|
|Oops Using C++||Computer Graphics||Algorithm Design|
|Computer Networks||Discrete Mathematics||Software Engineering|
|Advanced Digital System Design||Data Structures Using C||Microprocessor Design|
|Fundamentals Of Database Systems||Operating System Concepts||Multimedia Technologies|
|Computer Organization And Architecture||Data Communication And Networking||Dissertation|
|Practical – I||Practical II||Practical – III|
Scope of B.Sc Computer Science Distance Education
- There is no doubt that the program will produce leaders from all sectors of the world who can function at their best.
- This Bachelor of Science degree program in Computer Science Distance Education provides a comprehensive understanding of computers and how they work, along with the latest technologies and prevailing trends.
- Candidates wishing to participate in this Computer Science program can select their preferred university and fill out an online form to apply for admission.
- Thus, similar competent courses like B. Tech in Computer Science or information technology equally possess lucrative career opportunities and research options.
- Students can further pursue the MCA or M Tech route to enhance their prospects.
- In this way, this distance learning computer degree serves as the basis for your promising career and higher studies.
Job Roles after B.Sc Computer Science Distance Education
- Computer scientist
- Data scientist
- Information system manager
- Software engineer
- Web development
- IT Analyst
- Technical Support Technician
More Distance BSc Courses
- BSc Mathematics Distance Education
- BSc Chemistry Distance Education
- BSc Geology Distance Education
- BSc Botany Distance Education
- BSc PCM Distance Education
BSc Computer Science Distance Education FAQs:
Q. Is Annamalai University BSc Computer Science distance education open for session 2023-24?
Ans: No, Annamalai University is not offering admission to the BSc CS Open and distance learning course for the session 2023-24.