BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education: A BSc course lasts three years, but if an applicant chooses lateral entry admission, they can start the course in the second year instead of the first. It only cuts the course length by two years; apart from that, the basic subjects of this course are Zoology, Botany, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, etc.
There is no entrance exam, and an age limit is not available for BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education. Students can easily opt for this Distance course after 12th with PCM/ PCB/ PCMB. Eligibility criteria and fees differ from university to university.
There are multiple Universities that are offering this BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education, such as Lovely Professional University, IGNOU, Delhi University, etc. Students can easily register themselves through the official website of the University. Admission fees and eligibility criteria depend on University to university for BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education.
- IGNOU July 2023 session Admission is now open for fresh students at the online portal. The last date to apply for BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education Admission is 30 September 2023. Source
- Yashwant Rao Chawan Open University (YCMOU) invited online applications for BSc Lateral entry courses, candidates who are interested in taking admission to this course can apply before the last date 30 September 2023. Source
Students passing a diploma-level course can aspire for lateral entry into a BSc distance education course. The process of lateral entry admission is generally based on the university entrance exam.
BSc Lateral Entry Specializations
This course offers the opportunity to opt among the numerous specializations such as IT, Physics, Mathematics, Zoology, Botany, Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Computer Science (CS), etc.
After passing the BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education course, students will be eligible for jobs such as research scientist, biochemist, lab technician, assistant professor, etc.
The average salary package an applicant is asked to pay when opting for a BSc Lateral Entry distance education course generally stays from INR 2.55 LPA to INR 5.68 LPA.
BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||BSc Lateral Entry|
The minimum duration of the BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education Course is 2 Years.
|Admission Eligibility||Diploma Level Course|
|Type of Course||Bachelors/UG Degree|
|Admission Process||Merit/Entrance Exam|
|Age Limit||No Specific age limit|
|BSc Lateral Entry Specialization||
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, IT, Computer Science
INR 2.55 LPA to INR 5.68 LPA.
|Average Course Fee||INR 16,000 to INR 46,000|
Why BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education?
The BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education admission gives numerous reasons for an applicant to opt for this course. Some of the most popular and primary reasons for this course are:
- By getting lateral entry admission, students will be allotted admission directly into the 2nd year of the course, which means they will be able to save one year.
- Students who have passed a diploma course won’t be required to study the same subjects and topics that they covered in the previous qualification.
- The study of the course gets object specified, which makes it easier and more helpful for applicants as they will be able to increase their knowledge and skills specifically.
BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education Admission 2023
Admission into BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education has now started for LPU, IGNOU (July session 2023), and many more. The last date to apply is 30 September 2023, For this Distance learning course is at Indira Gandhi National Open University. However, it is to be remembered by all the students that the last date for admission to the B.Sc Lateral Entry Program varies from university to university.
Distance BSc lateral entry admissions for the academic year 2023 have started at a number of well-known colleges and other organizations. When deciding who gets into BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education, universities generally look at how applicants did on their entrance exams.
Many colleges have admissions exams that students take on their own, while others look for exams at the state level. The LEET, which stands for “lateral entry entrance test,” is the state-level test for lateral entry.
Eligibility for BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education
There are certain conditions and requirements that universities ask from applicants in the process to allow them admission. Some of the significant requirements for BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education admission are:
- Students aspiring for lateral entry admission are required to have passed a diploma-level education from a recognized institution.
- It is suggested that the diploma program should have been pursued from a similar discipline.
- There will be an entrance exam that will be required to be passed by the applicants in the process of getting selected for admission.
BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education Fee Structure
Multiple Universities and colleges are offering this BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education at different fees. The average fee for this distance course is INR 16,000 to INR 46,000. The registration fee is Rs 200 to Rs 500 for BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education. Students must check their eligibility criteria and fee structure. Apart from that, This distance course fee has an affordable fee structure according to the Regular courses.
BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education Admission Process 2023
The procedure for applying to get admission into the BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education course is listed below:
- Open the official portal of the official website you are aspiring for lateral entry admission.
- Fill out the registration form and create registration credentials.
- Using the registration credentials, log in to the application form and fill in the application form with the information required in the form.
- The applicants will need to upload numerous scanned documents, and it is needed that the size of the images must be according to the guidelines listed by the university in the form.
- Now, pay the application fee required to complete the registration process. It is preferred that the applicants must pay the application fee via online modes like net banking, credit/debit cards, etc.
- Download the free submission report for future use.
- On the contact details provided by applicants, the confirmation details of the application form will be sent.
Scope of BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education
Students who enroll in the BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education program will have the opportunity to enhance their limitations for a successful and upgraded career. Aspirants who pass this course will be taught various essential skills and knowledge to help them compete easily in the professional world.
There are several sectors in which the demand for professionals with BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education is very high such as the IT sector, telecommunication sector, electronic sector, etc. The average salary package an applicant can expect to receive on passing this course can be from INR 2.55 LPA to INR 5.68 LPA.
Some of the profiles at which an applicant will be able to look for a job are:
- Research Scientist,
- Lab Technician,
- Lab Assistant,
- Biochemists, etc.
BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education Top Colleges/Universities
Numerous universities and colleges provide admission to BSc Lateral Entry through a distance learning program. Candidates should complete their 12th degree from a recognized board/institute. Interested Candidates can enroll and apply in B.Sc lateral entry colleges.
- IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) Distance Education
- The University of Madras
- Dr BR Ambedkar Open University
- Annamalai University Distance Education
- Delhi University Distance Education
- TNOU (Tamil Nadu Open University)
Top Companies for B.Sc Lateral Entry Distance Education
Students can apply for a BSc lateral entry distance education program after they finish a diploma study. In diploma courses, students learn all the skills they need to work in their field. The course provides students with a better understanding of how the industry works.
With a distance BSc lateral entry program, students can learn different concepts used in the business world. Many companies will give BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education graduates a good pay package.
|HCL Technologies||Exide Industries Ltd.|
|Infosys||Kirloskar Electrical Co. Ltd.|
|Wipro limited||HPL Electrical and Power Ltd.|
|Redington India Limited||Siemens ltd.|
|Tata Consultancy Service||Panacea Biotech|
|Tech Mahindra Ltd.||GlaxoSmithKline|
|Larson & Toubro||Wockhardt ltd.|
|Mphasis Ltd.||Indian Immunological|
|Bajaj Electricals Ltd.||Piramal Healthcare|
|ABB India Ltd.||Bharat Serum|
|Bharat Heavy Electricals limited||Zydus Cadila|
Skills Required for B.Sc Lateral Entry
Before getting into BSc lateral entry, you need to learn some important skills that will help you finish the BSc course. You can also use these skills in your career. B.Sc Lateral Entry requires the following skills:
- Critical thinking: Critical thinking is a skill that can help you think in a logical way. This skill is very important because you mostly focus on understanding the theoretical ideas and principles.
- Creativity: You need to think outside the box. This will help you think of new things to do. Students who have passed a diploma course are usually more creative because they are doing real work that takes a lot of imagination.
- Problem-solving: Here, you’re dealing with a variety of events that you’ve practiced in education. So, you must improve your problem-solving skills. No matter what you do, you need to know how to do this.
Courses After BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education
After completion of the BSc Lateral Entry distance education course, candidates are eligible to pursue higher education courses MSc, MBA, PG Diploma, etc. in their specialization. In higher education studies a candidate can earn deep knowledge of their specialized field.
BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education Career Opportunities
After finishing the BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education program, students will have many job options in various fields, such as Agriculture, Computer Science, Zoology, Botany, and Data Science. People with a BSc Lateral Entry degree can choose from a wide range of careers and job roles. Graduates of the BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education program can find jobs in the following fields:
|Employment Area||Job Profile|
|Research and Development||Data Scientist|
|Pharmacology||Clinical Research Associate|
|Information Technology||Agriculture Analyst|
|Government-funded Projects||Technology Consultant|
|Nuclear Plant and Thermal Plant||Agriculture Sales Officer|
|Healthcare Sector||Lab Chemist|
|Agriculture Industry||Marketing Executive|
|Oil Industry||Software Developer|
FAQs Regarding Distance BSc Lateral Entry
Q.1 Can BSc Lateral be done through Distance Education?
Ans: Yes, BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education is approved by UGC.
Q.2 Which course is best in BSc Lateral Entry Distance Education?
Ans: There are many specializations available in Distance BSc Lateral Entry, But students the best are BSc Chemistry, BSc Physics, BSc Computer Science, BSc Biology, and BSc Mathematics.
Q.3 How much duration of Distance BSc Lateral Entry?
Ans: The duration of lateral entry in BSc is three years.