BSc Sericulture Distance Education Admission 2024: The Bachelor of Science in Sericulture is a three-year UG program in Agriculture. The program is offered both as a distance learning program and as a full-time program. A variety of topics relating to sericulture and silk farming will be covered in this distance learning course. As part of this course, students will learn about the processes of raising silkworms in order to make raw silk, which can then be used to make garments and other items made of silk.
Class 12th in the PCB stream is the minimum requirement for admission to the B.Sc Sericulture Distance program. Candidates must have a minimum of 40% in their 12th grade.
The average annual tuition fee charged to BSc Sericulture Distance program students is INR 10,000 to 35,000 per year.
Admission to the B.Sc Sericulture program is based on merit. Some states hold an entrance exam for B.Sc Sericulture admissions, and students are chosen according to their performance on the exam.
The duration of the BSc Sericulture distance education course is a minimum of 3 years.
Top job Profiles
Seri Culturist Farm Manager, Silk Weaver, Research Officer & Sericulture Inspector, etc.
The starting salary of a BSc Sericulture degree holder candidate an approx INR 3.5 LPA.
Krishi Vigyan Kendra, NABARD, District Khadi Board, Silk Board, Central Export Promotion Council.
BSc Sericulture DDE Admission 2024 Highlights
|Type of Course
|Full-Form of Course
|Bachelor of Science in Sericulture
|Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence
|The course Duration of B.Sc Sericulture in Distance Education is 3 Years.
|No specific age limit
|Minimum Percentage Required
|10+2 from a Recognized Educational Board
|Average Course Fees
|INR 10,000 – INR 35,000 per annum
|Similar Course Options of Study
|B.Sc (Nursing), B.Sc (Zoology), etc.
|Average Salary Offered
|INR 3.5 L per annum
|Seri Culturist Farm Manager, Silk Weaver, Research Officer & Sericulture Inspector, etc.
BSc Sericulture Distance Education Application Form
The Admission window is now open for the BSc Sericulture course in numerous universities for the academic year 2024-25. TNOU, VMOU, and IGNOU are the popular universities that offer this program. The first step begins with filling in the application form. Applicants can submit the application form at the official portal of the University. It requires some education details, including name, date of birth, 10th and 12th class marks, etc. The details should be correct according to the educational certificate. Before the final submission, students should check all details carefully.
BSc Sericulture Distance Education Eligibility
The following are the prerequisites for the BSc Sericulture Distance Education program:
- Class 12 in the PCB stream is the minimal requirement for admission.
- The required percentage of marks in the 12th grade is at least 40%.
- Most states in the nation require applicants to be 21 years old to be admitted to the B.Sc Sericulture program.
- The age restriction will be relaxed for candidates in the SC/ST category.
- Obtaining admission to your state involves being a permanent resident and completing Class 10 and Class 12 in that state.
BSc Sericulture Distance Education Fee
The average fee for the BSc Sericulture varies from INR 10,000 – INR 35,000 per annum.
BSc Sericulture DDE Admission Process 2024
- Step 1. Go to the official website for admission to the college.
- Step 2. Candidates can get admission by filling out the online application form.
- Step 3. Incomplete/Incorrect Applications Or Forms With Errors Will Be Rejected.
- Step 4. You Can make payment Through Credit/Debit Cards for the Application Fee + Entrance Exam Fee.
- Step 5. If A Candidate Wants To Make Payment Of The Fees By Cash, They Can Do So Through Bank E-Challan.
- Step 6. The Candidate Will Receive An Email And SMS Confirming The Registration Only Once The Fees Are Paid Successfully.
- Step 7. Take out the fee receipt.
Documents Required for Admission in BSc Sericulture Distance Education
- Adhaar card
- Pan card
- 10+2 certificate
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
BSc Sericulture Distance Education Career Options & Jobs
After completing the BSc Sericulture course, a candidate can apply for jobs in government sectors. People who have finished a B.Sc Sericulture course can work for government-owned sericulture firms. Candidates with solid knowledge of sericulture or silk farming can obtain long-term jobs with government firms involved in the sericulture business.
Candidates with a B.Sc. in Silk Technology (Sericulture) may apply for a lectureship or a professorial position at a number of colleges and universities that offer sericulture courses. The positions of instructor and lab assistant are additional options in academic sectors. B.Sc Sericulture candidates are suited for the following jobs:
- Researcher in sericulture
- Sericulture Assistant
- Sericulture Instructor
- SeriCulturist Farm Manager
- Silk Weaver
- Assistant Director – Sericulture
- Research Officer & Sericulture Inspector
- Lecturer – SericultureExporter
- Execute – Sericulture Development Plan
- Assist – Research And Development (R&D)
- Project Manager – Sericulture
- Sericulture Vocational Instructor
Areas of Recruitment for BSc Sericulture Distance Education
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra
- District Khadi Board
- Silk Board
- Central Export Promotion Council.
BSc Sericulture Distance Education Salary in India
Distance BSc sericulture graduates play a significant role in the rearing process. They can, however, take on various roles in their industry. A graduate in public or government organizations might expect a starting salary of INR 3.5 LPA. However, the private sector may offer more salaries. Pay differs according to work types, qualifications, expertise, skills, etc. As abilities and expertise increase, so will the pay increase.