Diploma in Dental Hygiene Distance Education: Students interested in making their career in the medical field have the option to choose a Diploma in Dental Hygiene Distance Education program. The duration of this diploma program is three years, and students can apply after passing 10th from a recognized board. The course is about dental and mouth problems.
Admission is based on the both merit list and the entrance exam. The Admission process of the program depends upon the University. Students must fulfill the eligibility criteria of the University. After completing the Distance Diploma in Dental Hygiene program, students can work in hospitals in job profiles as Dental Assistants, Physical therapists, Medical Assistants, surgical technologists, etc.
Students who passed the 10th board examination can apply for admission to the Diploma in Dental Hygiene Distance education.
A candidate with this degree can get an average starting salary of approx 3.5 Lakhs per year.
The average fee for this course is about INR 15,000/- to INR 6,00,000/- per annum.
Top Job Roles
After completing this course, a candidate can apply for various job profiles such as Physician Assistant, Radiation therapist, surgical technologist, dentist, etc.
Diploma in Dental Hygiene Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course||Diploma|
|Full Form||Diploma in Dental Hygiene|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence|
|Course Duration||3 Years.|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||45%|
|Eligibility||10th from a Recognized Educational Board|
|Average Course Fees||INR 15,000 – INR 60,000 per annum|
|Similar Course Options of Study||PG Diploma in Dental Hygiene, Bachelor in Dental Hygiene, etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3.5 L per annum|
|Employment Roles||Dentists, Medical Assistants, Physician Assistants, Radiation Therapists, Registered Nurses, Veterinary technicians, Physical Therapists, Surgical technologists, etc.|
Diploma in Dental Hygiene Distance Education Admission 2023
Diploma in Dental Hygienists is a two-year program that gives students the information and skills they’ll need to work as professionals in the field of dental science. It is about how to keep your teeth and mouth clean and how to diagnose and treat health problems. It is an important part of the dental business because it helps dentists in providing oral care and treatment to patients.
Most of the time, you get into the program based on your merit or how well you do on the entrance test. Applicants can apply online or offline, based on how the institute handles applications. The candidates must have passed the 10+2 exam or similar from a recognized board. Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English are required courses. The minimum marks may be different from one college to the next.
Diploma in Dental Hygiene Distance Education Fee
The cost of the Diploma in Dental Hygienist Course is subject to change and varies on many different things. Location, faculty, demand, infrastructure, and the facilities provided to students are some of the factors that affect the Diploma in Dental Hygienist Course fees. The average cost of a Diploma in Dental Hygienist course in India is between INR 15,000 & INR 60,000 per annum.
Eligibility for Diploma in Dental Hygiene Distance Education
- Admission is based on how well you do in school.
- Students must pass their (10+2)/Intermediate Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Math exam from a recognized board or university.
- You must have gotten at least 50% on your 10+2 from a recognized board or school to get into this program.
- Some institutions conduct entrance tests, and students must pass an entrance exam to get admission.
- Students must be at least 17 and cannot be older than 25.
Diploma in Dental Hygiene Distance Education Admission Process 2023
- Step 1. One should visit the official website for admission purposes.
- Step 2. Candidates can fill out the online application form through the official website.
- Step 3. Incomplete/Incorrect applications or forms with errors will be rejected.
- Step 4. Candidates can make payments through credit/Debit cards for the application fees.
- Step 5. The candidate can also make payments through a bank e-challan.
- Step 6. The candidate will receive an email.
Documents Required for Diploma in Dental Hygiene Distance Education Admission
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- Adhaar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
Diploma in Dental Hygiene Distance Education Syllabus
Following is the Diploma in Dental Hygiene syllabus for each year
|1st Year||2nd Year|
|Pathology & Microbiology||Dental Hygiene and Oral Prophylaxis|
|Anatomy, General & Dental||Food and Nutrition|
|Dental Health Education||Dental Materials|
|Physiology & Histology, General and Dental||Community Public Health Dentistry|
|Pharmacology General and Dental||Dental Radiology|
|Dental Hygiene and Oral Prophylaxis||Basic knowledge of computers|
|Dental Ethics and Jurisprudence; Orientation in Dentistry|
Diploma in Dental Hygiene Distance Education Career Options and Job Prospects
The following employment opportunities are available to graduates with a Diploma in Dental Hygienist.
|Employment Areas||Job Profiles||Top Recruiters|
|Dental Clinics||Dentists||Dentsply India|
|Private Clinic||Dental Assistants||Max Healthcare|
|Commercial Dental Laboratories||Physical Therapist||Fortis|
|Govt. or Private Hospital||Physician Assistants||Best Care Dental Clinic & Shorey Health Clinic|
|Colleges or Universities||Veterinary Technician||Katara Dental Private Limited|
|Medical Writings||Surgical Technologist||Corona Dental Lab|
|–||Registered Nurses||Shah Dental,|
|–||Radiation Therapists||Dental Lab Expo-India|
|–||Medical Assistants||HCL Healthcare Clinic Noida|
|–||–||Septodont Healthcare India Private Limited|
|–||Dr. Garg’s Multispecialty Dental Clinic|
Diploma in Dental Hygiene Distance Education Graduates Salary
The salary of a Diploma in Dental Hygienist graduate depends on the student’s choice of field. Graduates with a specialization in Diploma in Dental Hygienist can make the most money. About INR 2.3 LPA to 9 LPA is the average salary for a graduate.
In India, the salary depends on the job, the company, and the experience. Diploma in Dental Hygienist graduates can make more money by doing internships, which would also give them more experience. The table below shows how much people who have a Diploma in Dental Hygienist in India make:
|Dental Laboratory Technician||INR 2 – 6 LPA|
|Dental Assistant||INR 2 – 5 LPA|
|Dental Hygienist||INR 2 – 8 LPA|
|Nursing Assistant||INR 1 – 4 LPA|
Top Diploma in Dental Hygienist Colleges in India
There are many popular colleges and Universities in India which provides diploma in Hygienist course. These colleges provide the Hygienist course in distance education mode. The top Diploma in Dental Hygienist Colleges in the country are listed below:
|Name of the College||Place / Location|
|Patna Dental College and Hospital||Bankipur|
|Tamil Nadu Government Dental College and Hospital||Chennai|
|Maharishi Markandeshwar College of Dental Science and Research||Ambala|
|Buddha Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital||Patna|
|Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences||Sirmaur|
|JN Medical College||Aligarh|
Skills Required for Diploma in Dental Hygiene Distance Education
The following skills tend to make candidates successful in this field of medicine.
|Clinical Know-how||Ready to work for extended periods|
|Caring attitude toward patients||Eye for detail|
|Superb relational abilities||Excellent communication skills|
|Persistence (particularly for managing kids)||Patience (especially for dealing with kids)|
|Willing to work for long hours|
Benefits of Diploma in Dental Hygiene Distance Education
Getting a degree in dental hygiene has a lot of benefits. The work is hard and pays off. Some of the benefits the candidate will get from taking this course are:
- You will be paid well and respected if you have a degree and work as a dental hygienist. The healthcare industry is always changing, which makes it possible to find jobs that pay more and grow your income faster than in other industries.
- After finishing the Dental Hygienist Diploma program, graduates have several job options. They can expect to make a lot of money and may even run their clinics.
Diploma in Dental Hygiene Distance Education Future Scope
- Candidates with a diploma in dental hygiene have two options: either to find employment or continue their education in the discipline. The ideal course of action, if there are no financial restraints, is to continue one’s education because it will increase stability and future professional chances.
- To operate their own dental clinic, aspirants can pursue a Bachelor’s in Dental Surgery, enabling therapy to apply for a license from the Dental Council of India. After obtaining a Diploma in Dental Hygiene, a BDS degree would also help them become eligible for senior positions in the industry, where they might be paid better and more.
- After becoming Dental Practitioners, they will have more employment options and be better able to serve as doctors in hospitals and the Defense forces.
- Candidates can find career alternatives at private dental offices, hospitals, non-profit organizations, and other places if they decide they would rather work than attend college.
Q- What is the duration of the Diploma in Dental Hygiene Distance Education?
Ans: The duration of the Diploma in Dental Hygiene Distance Education program is three years.
Q- What is the course fee for the Diploma in Dental Hygiene Distance Education program?
Ans: The diploma in Dental Hygiene Distance Education program fee depends on the university. The average course fee is between INR 15,000 to INR 60,000 per annum.
Q: Is there any age limit to apply for the Diploma in Dental Hygiene Distance Education program?
Ans: No, Candidates who full fill the eligibility criteria are eligible to apply for Dental Hygiene Distance Education program at any age.