MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education: The postgraduate program “Master of Science in Nutrition & Dietetics” is a two-year course approved by DEB-UGC. Admissions are based on merit or entrance exams, and students can study by distance, online, or by correspondence. No specific age limit applies to enrollment, as long as you have at least 40% marks in BSc Nutrition & Dietetics or a related BSc degree.
The average annual fee for the course is around INR 23,500. Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics students can pursue roles such as Clinical Dietician, Community Dietician, and Nutrition Product Manager, with an average salary between INR 3 LPA and INR 7 LPA upon graduation. Based on the knowledge and experience gained through the curriculum of the MSc in Nutrition and Dietetics Distance Education program, innumerable students have reached the heights of their academics and have managed to weave a desired professional career.
A Distance MSc under Nutrition and Dietetics domain admission is only possible for prospective students if they can pass a degree in the same field from an accredited university with at least 40% marks. Applicants are not required to show their candidature by taking any admission test.
Most of the universities in India for this postgraduate degree program in nutrition and dietetics approve admission based on academic qualifications. The cost cum fee for the MSc in Nutrition and Dietetics Open and Distance Learning program is INR 9,000-28,000 per year at UGC-approved universities. For more information about the MSc degree program in distance education in Nutrition and Dietetics, kindly read the following headings.
MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education Latest Update: March 2024
- IMTS Institute: MSC Nutrition Dietetics distance admission is now open for the 2024 academic year. Apply by the extended deadline of 20 March 2024. Apply Now
- Mangalayatan University: Inviting applications for the MSC Nutrition Dietetics distance education program by the 19 March 2024 deadline. Apply Now
- William Carey University: Accept applications for the 2024 MSc Nutrition Dietetics DDE program until the 19 March 2024 deadline. Apply Now
- Subharti University: Admission is open for the MSC Nutrition Dietetics distance education programme. Apply by the 20 March 2024 deadline. Apply Now
MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course
|Post Graduate Degree
|Master of Science in Nutrition & Dietetics
|Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence
|No specific age limit
|Minimum Percentage Required
|BSc Nutrition & Dietetics or related BSc degree
|INR 23,500 to INR 46,200 per annum
|Similar Course Options of Study
|Bachelor in Nutrition and Dietetics, etc.
|Average Salary Offered
|INR 3 LPA to INR 7 LPA
|Clinical Dietician, Community Dietician, Nutrition Product Manager, etc.
Is Distance MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Worth it?
Many students have chosen MSc Nutrition and Dietetics online, and it is worth studying as per the future consequences.
- Skills: A student who learns nutrition and dietetics via an MSc degree gains skills such as good interpersonal skills, teamwork ability, understanding of the impact of diet, and motivational and problem-solving skills.
- Time Flexibility: The MSc Nutrition and Dietetics course via distance mode is the most flexible one as you don’t need to reach the class on time or walk up earlier in the morning. All in all, the students can choose their time and place for study.
- Fee and Cost: Most colleges offering this distance course cost INR 9000 to 100000. It is the fee structure that is low as compared to a regular course.
- Earn While You Learn: Many students need to work to meet their study expenses, and thus a distance course is the best choice.
MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education Admission 2024
MSc in Nutrition and Dietetics through distance education is a two-year program that gives students enough time to maximize their fundamentals and obtain advanced knowledge in disciplinary fields. Students can apply to one of the most prestigious universities in the distance mode for this program, such as KSOU, IGNOU, and many others.
Program applicants can apply at Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) for MSc Nutrition and Dietetics distance education. The application form is both accepted offline and online before the final date.
Students can easily check the University’s official website for more information related to Fees, Eligibility, Admission process & scope.
Eligibility for MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education
Aspirants who want to study the MSc in nutrition and dietetics online from any of the approved universities in India need to perform equivalent to the given criteria.
- Students with BSc degrees in Home Science, Nutrition, Dietetics, Food Science, Biology, Microbiology, Clinical Biochemistry, Life Sciences, BNYS, and BAMS should apply for the MSc Nutrition & dietetics distance education.
- The student should have scored at least 40% marks in the UG degree.
- The minimum percentage required for the SC/ST category student is 35%.
MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education Syllabus
|Life Cycle Nutrition
|Medical Nutrition and Management
|Food Safety and Food Service Management
|Fundamentals of Food Science
|Sensory Evaluation and Culinary Science
|Food Preservation and Community Nutrition
Distance MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Admission Process 2024
Various universities offer MSc food and Nutrition online courses according to their own admission procedures. Below are the steps for the admissions process. Interested applicants must complete the process properly to be selected for the course.
- For admission-related inquiries, candidates should visit the institute’s official website.
- Candidates can apply for admission through the website’s admission portal.
- Payment for the application fee can be made online, i.e., net banking, debit card, credit card, or offline, i.e., DD, e-challans.
- The applied candidate will get a notification through e-mail or SMS.
Basic Documents Required for MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- An Aadhar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
MSc Nutrition and Dietetics Distance Education Colleges in India
Students who want to be admitted to the MSc Nutrition and Dietetics Course through distance mode can pursue this course through many Colleges in India. Some of the best Colleges for MSc nutrition and dietetics online in India are given below. Interested Candidates can be admitted to Popular Universities of Distance Mode.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
- Karnataka State Open University (KSOU)
- IDOL Mumbai University
M.Sc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education IGNOU
IGNOU offers an MSc Nutrition and Dietetics distance education program. Registration for MSc Nutrition Distance Education at Indira Gandhi National Open University will be open soon. The university provides all study materials to students. One can attend classes through the online portal, and recorded videos and printed material will also be provided to an individual.
This 2-year course can be completed in a maximum of 5 years. The course fee is also affordable: Rs. 32,000/- in IGNOU. There are no minimum and maximum age limit criteria.
MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education Application Form
The application form is available on the official website of the university. Students can fill out the form online/offline according to the university guidelines. Students should fill out the form before the last date. For offline admission, students can collect the application form through the administrative office of the university.
Scope of MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education
MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education courses cover a wide range of topics. A dietitian with these degrees can work as a community dietitian, clinical dietitian, management dietitian, nutrition product manager, or nutritionist.
In India, a Master of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics is needed for jobs that pay between INR 3 LPA to 7 LPA. Different things can affect a person’s starting salary at their first job, which can differ from job to job. After getting a Master of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics, a person’s salary may depend on how much experience they already have in the field.
Multiple career options are available to students with an MSc in nutrition and dietetics obtained through distance education. An MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education program provides an overview of nutrition and requirements for a healthy body. An MSc in Nutrition & Dietetics degree holder can find employment as a dietitian, clinical dietitian, management dietitian, or nutrition product manager, earning between INR 3 and 7 lakhs per annum.
Jobs Area for MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education
Distance MSc Nutrition & Dietetics graduates have a variety of career opportunities available in the world. Some of the working areas where MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education degree holders may work:-
- Clinical Dietetics
- Private Practice
- Sports Nutrition
- Food Industry
- Community Nutrition
- Food Service Management
Skills Required for MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education
The main focus of the course is on the nutritional value of food, the good effects of nutrients on the human body, a balanced diet, how food is made, and how it should be eaten. So, a student who wants an MSc in Nutrition and Dietetics should know enough about these things. A few other skills are also important for this class:
- You need to know what nutrients are and how to use them in food.
- Must follow the rules about safety and cleanliness, which are important for health.
- How to talk to people is a skill.
Entrance Examination For MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education
For the MSc Nutrition and Dietetics program, students are chosen by taking an entrance test or being accepted based on merit. Some of the best colleges and universities with MSc Nutrition and Dietetics programs have their own entrance exams. Generally, these entrance tests are not national or state level, but university level. Some common MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education entrance tests are:
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT)
- Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test for Masters (IIT JAM)
- Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPU CET)
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test (TISSNET)
M.Sc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education India
Many popular universities in India offer online MSc in Nutrition and Dietetics Courses. This course is highly demanding in India because it is available in Distance mode and provides wide career opportunities to Candidates. Candidates will get a good salary package in a reputed organization after completing this course in Distance Mode.
As the health sector is growing rapidly in India, the demand for such graduates is increasing now. Students from states like Kerala, Tamilnadu, Gujarat, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Maharastra, Assam, and Punjab are enrolling for this course in large numbers.
M.Sc Nutrition and Dietetics Distance Education in Tamilnadu
Students can be admitted to the MSc Nutrition and Dietetics degree program at many universities and colleges in Tamil Nadu. University admission is based on merit scores at some schools and entrance exams at others. Before enrolling in a course, students should check the university’s fees, information, and admission process.
MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education FAQs
Q1- Can we do M.Sc Nutrition and Dietetics in correspondence?
Ans- Students can pursue M.Sc Nutrition and Dietetics in distance mode.
Q2- Which university is best for M.Sc Nutrition and Dietetics distance education?
Ans- KSOU and IGNOU are one of the most prestigious and best universities for MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education
Q3- What is the fee for distance education MSc Nutrition Dietetics program?
Ans- The average fee for the MSc Nutrition & Dietetics Distance Education course is around INR 23,500 to INR 46,200 per annum. The Distance MSc Nutrition & Dietetics course fees can differ from university to university.