BSc Fashion Design Distance Education: Bachelor of Science in Fashion Designing Distance Education course is a 3-year UG degree program. In India, this degree is offered by many institutions in Distance mode. To get admission to the BSc Fashion Design Distance Education, a candidate must have passed the 12th board examination with a minimum percentage score of 40% from a recognized board. It is a well-structured program for those candidates who want to have a successful career in Jewellery, clothing, footwear, and other products related to fashion design.
BSc Fashion Design Distance Education Admission Updates: February 2024
- Before the deadline of 29 February 2024, interested individuals are encouraged to apply to the BSc Fashion Design distance education programme at IMTS Institute. Apply now
- Admission to Subharti University’s BSc Fashion Design open learning programme is now open for the 2024–2025 academic year. Students can apply for admission until 28 February 2024. Apply now
- Admission to the BSc Fashion Design DDE programme at NIILM University Haryana for the 2024–2025 academic year is now open. The application deadline for admission is 29 February 2024. Apply now
- The SKU University BSc Fashion Design admissions procedure for the 2024–2025 academic year has begun. Please apply before 29 February 2024. Apply now
Applicants who want to get into the BSc Fashion Design Distance Education program should look at the requirements listed below.
- Students Interested in the course must pass class 12 from a recognized board.
- Applicants must have scored at least 40% in 10+2 exams.
The average academic fee for BSc Fashion Design Distance Education is between INR 22,000 and INR 50,000.
In various distance learning institutes, the Bachelor of Science in Fashion Design degree can be obtained for a period of three to four years, depending on the institute.
The admission Procedure for BSc Fashion Design Distance Education is the same as other DL programs. Mostly offered on the merit basis of the last exam. Various DL Institutes also conduct some entrance exams for this Distance BSc course.
BSc Fashion Design Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course
|Full-Form of Course
|Bachelor of Science in Fashion Design
|Distance Education/ Online/ Correspondence
|No specific age limit
|Minimum Percentage Required
|40% to 50%
|10+2 from a Recognized Educational Board
|Average Course Fees
|INR 22,000 – INR 50,000 per annum
|Similar Course Options of Study
|B.Sc (Animation), B.Sc (I.T), etc.
|Average Salary Offered
|INR 4.5 L per annum
|Fashion Coordinator, Apparel Production Manager, etc.
What are the Key Factors of BSc Fashion Design DDE?
- BSc Fashion Design Distance Education is a 3-year U.G. course that focuses on specialization in various fields related to fashion design, such as jewelry, cloth design, footwear design, etc.
- You will be getting into a field where you will use your creativity and artistic talent to make the world look more beautiful.
- As fashion changes with every fraction of time, the job opportunities for the students involved in this field will never be affected.
- The students will be getting involved with lots of creative minds and improving themselves from their experience and knowledge.
- After completing the BSc Fashion Design open learning, if you want to continue your education, you can further go for P.G. courses like M.A. in Fashion Technology, M.Sc in Fashion Designing, MBA in Fashion Management, etc.
BSc Fashion Design Distance Education Admission 2024
BSc Fashion Design is a three-year program approved by UGC to be offered in distance mode. Fashion design is a skills-based program that teaches about various designs. Many universities, such as Lovely Professional University, Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University, Bharathiar University, MFT India, etc., are approved by DEB and offer this study every year.
Admission for the new academic session is currently going on at various universities while others have to start yet. Candidates can visit the official website of their choosing University and can apply before the admission deadline.
Eligibility for BSc Fashion Design Distance Education
All aspirants seeking admission to the BSc Fashion Design Distance Education course must secure the minimum eligibility given below.
- Passed 12th or 10+2 in arts/commerce/science stream from an authorized board/institution.
- The marks that aspirants must secure in the school/qualifying examination should come in the frame of 40 to 50%.
BSc Fashion Design Distance Education Fee
The recognized universities in India, driven by state, central, and private administrations, require annual fees of INR 22,000 to INR 50,000. Some universities are also offering fee installment facilities to students. Students can collect the exact fee structure on the website of a particular university.
B.Sc Fashion Design DDE Course Information
B.Sc in Fashion Design & Garment Management Distance Education is a career-originating course covering specialized fashion and textile design fields. It is quite in demand among fashion designers, garment designers, and boutiques. The course includes apparel construction methods, computer-aided design, current global fashion trends, and design processes. Competent students are given internship opportunities with some of the country’s finest and most acknowledged brands.
B.Sc Fashion Design DDE Disciplines
Commonly, Fashion Design Colleges divide the core syllabus into six semesters. The curriculum and subjects of the course include Analytical Drawing, Basic Computer Studies, Colour Mixing, Draping, Elements of textiles and design, etc. The syllabus introduces developing patterns, garment designs, fabric dyeing, printing, and freehand drawing. The fashion studies constitute both theoretical concepts and practical implementation which enhances the skills of the students.
B.Sc Fashion Design DDE Application Form
For the academic year 2024-25, BSc Fashion Design Distance Education admission is going on. The application forms for this program can be found online on the university’s website or offline at the college’s admissions office. Students have to visit the university’s official website to access the application form. The cost of the application form varied from one university to another.
Future Scope of B.Sc Fashion Design DDE
Today, graduates are readily accepted in garments, leather, textiles, and other fashion-related industries. You can become a marketing manager, assistant fashion designer, sales director, fashion merchandiser, graphic designer, fashion show organizer, etc. Overall, you can expect an average salary of about INR 3.49 lakh per annum.
The best part is that it makes students start up their fashion boutiques to exhibit their fashion skills. Moreover, the degree holders can take up a teacher’s job in institutes that impart training courses in Fashion Designing.
B.Sc in Fashion Design & Garment Management Distance Education is an exciting course that promises students glamour, fame, success, and high pay packages. There are numerous similar courses you can pursue in the same field, like bachelor’s degrees in interior design, product design, animated multimedia, etc. After attaining the graduation degree, the aspirants can also opt for higher education in Master of Science in Fashion Design for higher-end job scopes.
B.Sc in Fashion Design DDE Admission Procedure
- Candidates need to read all the notifications before applying for admission to this course through the website’s official website.
- Candidates can be able to fill out the admission application form through the application portal.
- In the application form, the applicant must know that the information to be filled the application form has to be correct.
- The candidate must have to pay the application fee to complete the process of the application form.
- Take out the printout of the submitted fee receipt of the application form.
Documents required for BSc Fashion Design Distance Education
- 10+2 /UG/PG certificate
- Aadhaar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size Photo
BSc Fashion Design Distance Education Syllabus
|Current Global Fashion Trends
|Basic Computer Studies
|Apparel Construction Methods
|Elements of Design
|Elements of Textiles
|Free Hand Drawing
|Fabric Dyeing and Printing
|Fashion Illustration and Design
|History of Costumes
|Introduction to Pattern Making and Garment Construction
|Indian Art Appreciation
|Surface Development Techniques
BSc Fashion Designing Distance Education in India
In India, a Bachelor of Science fashion designing course is offered by various universities and institutions in distance learning mode. The main purpose for offering this program is distance mode is accessibility. There are numerous institutions in which admissions are open for BSc Fashion Designing Distance Education in India. Students who have 10+2 certificates are eligible for this degree.
Students can also choose BDes DDE
The students who are interested in pursuing a course in design after completing class 12 should opt for BDes Distance Education. BSc Fashion Design Distance Education course provides them with the chance to complete their education with the DDE mode. Even without attending any classes like in the regular mode, the students will be able to complete their education. Opting for this course will open the path for various high-rated job opportunities for the students as the scope in this field is very high these days.
Other Top Distance Universities 2024
|Sikkim Manipal University
|Rabindra Bharati University
|Sri Krishnadevaraya University
BSc Fashion Design Distance Education Salary
After a distance BSc in fashion design in India, Students can get good jobs and get paid well. Graduates have a lot of job choices and can also work on their own as freelancers. Aspirants can expect their jobs to go well if they work for some of the most well-known companies in the world.
Although the salary of a BSc Fashion Design distance education holder is not the same in each company, After getting their BSc Fashion Designing online course, students can get an average income of INR 2.9 LPA to INR 4.5 LPA.
Career Prospects for BSc Fashion Design Distance Education
There are many different kinds of jobs for people with a B.Sc. in fashion design in India, from designing clothes to designing items. The following are some of the jobs that are available:
- Junior Designer
- Apparel Designer
- Textile Designer
- Fashion Stylist
- Fashion Journalist
Areas Of Recruitment For BSc Fashion Design Distance Education Graduate
After getting a BSc in fashion design distance education, graduates can work in many fields based on their interests and creative skills. Here are some common places where people are hired:
BSc Fashion Designing Distance Education FAQs?
Q-1: Does IGNOU offer a BSc Fashion Designing distance education course?
Ans: No, IGNOU does not offer this course. IGNOU offers only a Certificate in Fashion Design course.
Q-2: Can we do BSc Fashion design in distance learning?
Ans: Yes, Many Universities/Colleges offer BSc Fashion Designing courses through Distance.